Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Hate New Year's Resolutions

Weight: 213

I know, I know. It's been a while. I'm not even going to make excuses. Attempting to quit smoking threw me all kinds of off track and I freaked and couldn't deal. It happens.

Since the new year, I've lost nearly 7 pounds. This is NOT a new year's resolution. It's a "don't die during my black belt test" mission. New years resolutions are what people tell themselves they want and then get too lazy to complete come February. I've been there, done that. I'm not making "resolutions" but I AM reorganizing to try to meet my goals on time. So far, so good.

I'm still smoking. About half of what I was before, but I haven't kicked it. It's important that I quit by June, both for karate and also because if I don't my health insurance increases $600 a year. Not ok. For now though, it's not my number 1 priority. It's still in my mind, but it's not at the forefront of my efforts.

I am on a time crunch now. A serious one. I've never been a fan of calorie counting, because I feel it's not something that a person can keep up forever, but that's exactly what I am doing now. There's just no other logical way to go about losing what I need to in the time frame I need to lose it in.

I found an app called iFitness, and this one app is where I am focusing all of my fitness organization and calorie counting, weight loss efforts. It tracks my workouts. It has a database of food where I can just click on what I eat and it tallies it for me. I put in my age, my weight, my level of activity, my hight, how much weight I want to lose and by what date and it told me how many calories to eat a day. Doesn't get much easier than that! I can also track my weight daily, and export workout logs to my computer, and it lets me design workouts with exercises I like and have the equipment to do.

I am finding that the calorie counting is at least making me more aware of things. Like, instead of getting the 1300 calorie wings, I am getting a 300 calorie steak. Both things I enjoy. It is helping me pick healthier stuff I enjoy over things I like that I didn't realize were as bad for me as they are.

I seem to be losing weight at a steady pace and as long as I stick to what I am doing now, I should see results. I mean... apparently to maintain my weight I need to be eating 2300-2600 calories a day and instead I'm eating 1400-1700. I'm not suffering, I don't feel deprived. This should work. *Fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment